Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Carseat cover and a few other things...

Wow... this was something that I have never done before. It was quite the adventure and I learned a lot. Hopefully it made my sewing skills a little better. But for awhile there I was nervous.... here I had just totally taken apart and pretty much destroyed a perfectly good if not a little bit old and dingy car seat. And I had no idea if I was going to be able to put it all back together. I got the idea to do this by looking at THIS awesome blog.   Ok so here we go...

here is a picture of the carseat when we first got it a few years ago. Not bad, a little dull:

Before:
Photobucket

right before I started tearing it apart:
Photobucket

During:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Ok.. so a little while back the my mother and father-in-law came into town, and being spoiled as i am they took me to the fabric store for all this wonderful fabric. But I still didn't know what I was doing and I just sorta dug into it.

Photobucket

And very slowly I pieced it back together...:
Photobucket


After:
Photobucket

Photobucket

And while I was at it... I added some strap covers. 

Photobucket

and a car seat cover/ blanket to protect from those nosy strangers at the grocery store. :)
Photobucket

The only thing left I want to do is make a little infant head support... probably out of the polka dot fabric. We will see.
Photobucket

And then I moved on... because I still had some fabric and I made myself a nursing cover...
Photobucket

Photobucket

And some baby 'Legs' made from Mens socks...

Photobucket

and for those of you who dont know what these are or look like... (Julia I hope you dont mind me using your sweet baby as an example!)

Photobucket

And because I had found a brand new Boppy at a yard sale for 2$ I made my self a nice cover for it...
 Front:
Photobucket

Back:This is actually the same blue and white stripe fabric I used on the car seat but you cant really tell in any of hte photos... it just looks light blue. o well.
Photobucket

And a few burp cloths

Photobucket

And last but not least... and probably not last. :) this is a crocheted baby blanket I made for Mr Kash's blessing day. (tutorial here)

Photobucket

Braydan and Tes now both want one... and it was a pretty easy project and went fairly fast because of the chunky yarn and big hook. It is super warm though... so hopefully it is cold when we bless him.
Photobucket

Linked to...

giveaways
HookingupwithHoH

6 comments:

Whitmer Family said...

Holy smokes, you are one talented mamasita! I'm totally impressed and just a tad jealous! :)

Purcell's Party said...

Um...can we say, NESTING?? What?!? You are so talented, creative, amazing.....the list never ends! Oh and add Supermom to it!! I love seeing what you are up to...you completely inspire me. Thank you for making me feel like I should be a better homemaker! You ROCK Sista!!!!

Sandra said...

Seriously...where do you find the time to make all these cute stuff?? I love your ideas and wish I was half as talented as you. I love the blanket...looks super cozy.

rach said...

It is so cute. I love it. Man I miss having you around.

Nina @ Momma Go Round said...

Holy crud girl...you're rockin! I just got my sewing machine and don't think I'm nearly cool enough to do all that. They all look fab!

Found you on Somewhat Simple!

holly b said...

WOWSER! you go girl. love the carseat. Emily Chhom re-made one for her little newborn and I think it's the same pattern because she has the little cover top for it, too. fab-u-lus. you give me hope that when I too have only one child underfoot during the school day I can get cool stuff done at home. : )