One thing I really love about Oregon is the Farmers markets. There is usually one in every city, and all the local growers bring their wears... and it is usually in the morning so you don't have to fight the crowds and gang bangers like you do at Market night. :) Everything smells heavenly, fresh veggies and fruit. Fresh cut flowers and garden plants. Homemade crafts and food vendors. They usually are not very big but still fun. My neighbor invited me to go with her today to the Medford farmers market.. (very brave of her). So Tes, Vann and I agreed and we were all off. The only bad thing about these markets is that they tend to be a little pricey. As much as I love to support local businesses its hard when its double the price of Costco or Winco. But I did manage to find a few things that I couldn't live without or buy at either of those stores.
Here are some pics of our little adventure.... (there was a balloon guy there as well)
This is what it looks like.
Tessiesue

Vann the Man
Really cute vase...anyone know where to get something like this? I love it.
And here is what we brought home:
Peonies
and some very yummy basil, garlic and onion artisan bread as well as some pesto dressing both of which are to die for. So good.

And there was so much that I would have loved to get but just didn't have the mula for.... maybe next week. :) I cant wait for all the berries to come into season.
2 comments:
Very nice! The bread sounds so yummy and the flowers are beautiful! We love Farmer's Market too! One of the nice things about Stockton is we have several and can usually find one on any day of the week. They can be pricey tho! Around here there are times that you can get the fruits and veggies for cheaper than the store and at times a lot cheaper! The stuff tastes soooo much better than what you can get at the store tho!
Glad to see you posting again, I missed reading about whats been going on with y'all. :)
yum and fun. is this in medford or ashland? It is so easy to spend a lot at the markets. the last when we went to in Davis while visiting family had so many great things. I find it easiest if I agree to a certain amount of cash, and when it's gone it's gone!
I like your new banner. Can't wait to see the before and after pics. Although what I saw in person was pretty amazing. I'm so happy for you guys!
Post a Comment