Nathan's Brother Kris and his wife Lydia moved to New York for school/work, she is expecting their first baby next month. A few months ago I had been thinking about how far they were away from us... and, come to think about it, pretty much everyone else they know. This is her first baby, she had to have a shower. This is my first niece...I need to throw a shower. And their you have it. Baby shower by mail was born. First thing I did was look around online to find some ideas. I didn't find a whole lot. Little ideas here and there. But I dint see why It could be just like a normal baby shower sans guests. So Fist things first I asked Lydia what she thought about this kind of shower (that was easy she was totally into it) and what colors she liked for the baby (green and brown and purple). And then I started on the invites. I think they turned out pretty cute. (I forgot to take a picture of the inside.)
Next I started on the party supplies. I grabbed some cute paper plates and napkins and threw together some goodies (green M&M's and homemade chocolate chip cookies) and created a cute party hat. (which was surprisingly easy) And then I decided to make a diaper cake to top it all off. I put all this in a box labeled "shower supplies"



(the topper was a little beanie baby we had from forever ago...I thought it looked cute)
And lastly I put together some homemade things and a few of my favorite baby things as our gifts for Lydia, Kris and baby Evette.
Some homemade blankets, bibs and burp clothes...



Now this is a little something that I have never tried before but I thought it looked cool. It is a swaddler, or pretty mush a soft blanket/pouch with Velcro. I added some of the same owl fabric to cute it up a bit.
front:
Back: (it even has a slit in the back for a car seat strap)

Next some homemade clippies and mitts. I also made a crocheted pacifier clip which turned really cute but for some reason it didn't make it into the pictures.



The I threw in some Robeez they are my all time favorite baby shoes. In fact Vann still wears the Tredz. Love them. ( I chose the White ones because I thought they would go with everything and be cute for the blessing.)

And a Sleepywrap..which is my most favorite affordable baby carrier by far. 10 times better then the Baby Bjorn. This is mine... I got her one in green. love it.

And that is that. We all sat around and watched through Skype while they opened all their gifts... (they had a 2 computers going so mulitple families were able to watch with them at the same time.) It was really fun and I was so happy that everyone took the extra time to ship her her shower gifts. I would have felt really bad if it hadn't worked. So there you go. Fun stuff.

4 comments:
Love, love and love! Thank you so much. And btw, I swiped all your blog pics from this post :) You are better at taking pictures. I have had so much fun putting everything away. So excited to use it all for real. We need a baby already!
You had a great idea and it went so well. Good job! It was fun to watch it with you guys too!
First of all.....CONGRATS, CONGRATS, CONGRATS...on beebie #4!! That's so awesome! : ) Secondly, CUTEST idea EVER for a shower! You are so talented....I swear! And all the gifts were soooo flipp'n cute!! If you use a pattern for the blankets, I want it (please)! It was all just adorable!! You sister-n-law is a lucky girl!!
ps-whatcha have'n?
I'm hours from my 'due date'...and have NO IDEA!! : )
very cute to see the rest of the goodies that were wrapped up! Can you send me the pattern for the swaddler? I just bought one and really like it but am thinking: I could make more myself for way less!
Post a Comment