Monday, April 05, 2010

Easter Time

Hope everyone had a fun Easter this year. We did, although it felt weird to me because it was the first Easter in like 5 years that we were not in Redlands with family. And I missed that. But the kids had fun... and Mom and Dad sent us a box of Easter stuff including Pretty Spring dresses for Tes, books and a flash light for Vann and Braydan, books on disc for Nathan and I as well as a new cookbook for me. Plus plenty of yummy treats. Fun stuff... Thanks Dad, Thanks Mom...the kids were dancing (literally) with excitement when the box came Friday night. Ok here are some pictures from our Saturday morning hunt. Vann was the first to see the eggs outside... he pointed to them and said "ball". Then Tes saw them and started screaming "eggs" while in a mad dash to get outside. It took a lot to calm them down and least get shoes and jackets on. (because I live in place that cant seem to understand that it is April and shouldn't be snowing)

(Finding their Easter Baskets on the kitchen table)
Photobucket

(I know the pictures aren't the best... I forgot to change the settings on my camera, pregnancy brain... sorry)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(yes that is snow on the ground, it was also lightly coming down as well... unreal)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


(They all received Crayola Color Wonder pads of paper... which they loved, and I loved because I don't have to scrub crayon from every surface of my house.  Vann especially, he has been so into coloring lately, with anything and on anything. These markers only mark on the special paper... nothing else. So nice. They only problem is that they went through their entire pads of paper in about 24 hours.  Van also loved emptying all of his eggs.)
Photobucket

(some of the cute treats my mom sent us...these eggs are now part of my limited Easter decor and those shortbread cookies are already gone, very yummy  )
Photobucket

(my all time favorite chocolate... and no I didn't share, and I don't feel bad)
Photobucket

Easter Sunday we spent relaxing together watching conference. It was very nice, but I will need to reread most of the talks because we have wild animals for children. :) Something that I love that my Mom and Dad always did when I was growing up and that I will continue to do for our family is have a bunny day (Saturday) and a Jesus day (Sunday). It gives us time to have fun one day.. and then concentrate on what Easter is really about the next. Hope you all had a Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Julia said...

Ooooh I love the eggs. So pretty. I love the picture of Tes with a mouth full of candy. It reminds me of when they were almost 2 and we have the same picture of Tes and Sophia stuffing their faces with candy. Sounds like you had a fun weekend. Snow too? We had a freaking snow storm! I am going to use that tradition from your parents. I like that. Take care preggers.