Saturday, October 03, 2009

Fun Run

Well, thats it. I'm a runner. I ran.


The 5k was in Kalamath Falls Oregon (which by the way is absolutly beautiful, Nathan and I both absolutly loved the area) I thought I was prepared for this race...and I was, to an extent. What I hadn't counted on was the hills and the elevation. But even with that I still did pretty good. It was a beautiful course with trees and lakes and beautiful homes and golf course. And all the new scenery made the race go pretty quickly for me. There were some killer hills though.
And man was it cold.... I wasn't counting on that either.
Photobucket
Here I am trying to get my ipod around and up my arm without actually taking off my sweatshirt. (hey..it was very very cold)
Photobucket

It wasn't a very successful attempt. And I know these pictures are not all that flattering...(I was yelling at Nathan to stop taking pictures of me while I was shoving my ipod up shirt)
Photobucket

And here is... i have no clue. Nathan and Braydan had fun watching this guy. I guess he was doing Ti Chi (spelling?) But the boys got a kick out of watching him and calling him Mr. Miyagi and making fart noises . (ah, boys) I dont think he even ran.
Photobucket

At the starting line. We luckily had some hats and gloves and stuff in our 72 hour kit in the car. Hey it is good to be prepared, you were right mom. :)
Photobucket


And off I go.....
Photobucket

Here is what Nathan and the kids got to do while they waited for me. Nice warm room with yummy hot chocolate with lots of whip cream.
Photobucket

And here I am....and I know that I am very slow. 40minutes but hey, I did it and I ran the whole way. Go me. :)
Photobucket

3 comments:

Jackie B. said...

awesome! way to go! i really want to get into 5Ks too. next year i should be fully prepared for them.

Megs said...

hey! you did way better than i did when i ran a 5k! great job! :D

Zoogirl said...

That is so great that you did it. Congrats. Do you think you will try another one?