Thursday, August 06, 2009

I am now a runner....


or at least I better be by the time October 3rd hits. I will be training between now and then using the Couch to 5K program. I am super excited and having actually registered for it, it makes it very really and very motivating to go out and get in shape for it. (Click on the picture for the race site) It is being held in Klamath Falls, about an hour and half away from us. I have to admit that my main reason for doing this is to learn and train my body to enjoy running. I have always hated it, even when I was playing ball and in the best shape of my life I hated it. I really want that to change. And signing up for this race is a definite push for me to get my booty in gear and get out the door. Now I just need a better pair of running shoes. :) Send your positive running vibes my way.







5 comments:

Jackie B. said...

awesome! good for you! GOOD LUCK! I liked running when i was in shape...not so much now. too much jiggles. :)

Paula said...

That's GREAT! I can't wait to hear of your progress and how the race eventually turns out!
Next thing you know....you'll be running marathons! ; )

Julia said...

You have just inspired me. I am going to look for one in my community too. You are amazing and I know you will do great.

Janice said...

I'll be joinning you soon. If I ever have this baby, I intend to use training for 5Ks as big part of my body recovery program. I am the same as you. I've always hated running too, even when I was in excellent shape. It just never seemed enjoyable. I actually trained for a 5K a few months ago to stay in shape while I was pregnant, but preterm labor at 26 weeks forced me to give it up 4 days before my first 5K. I'll get back to it soon. Good luck!

Unknown said...

I am the same as you. I've always hated running too.
Thanks for sharing...

--
Jhon
Get the best FREE offers on the Best Home security Systems