I have been a bad blogger lately. I just haven't felt inspired I guess. Been dealing with sickness and some depression. Well maybe depression isn't the right word. Frustration maybe. I have so many things in my head that I want to do and accomplish and I feel that I am not good at any of it. Just mediocre at somethings and really awful at others, not great at anything. And that is very frustrating to me. For there are so many things that I want to be at least good at.
For example:
Sewing
Mothering
Houscleaning
Embroidery
Crochet/knitting
Health coaching
Exercising
Quilting
Gardening
Couponing
Home decor
Style
Friendship
Teaching my children
Scrapbooking
Letter writing
Photography
Anyway that is the short list....and recently as I have been at home with sick kids and sick at times myself, I have been pondering this. And I truly get so frustrated with myself. Anyway sorry, I have now got if off my chest and I promise no more doom and gloom postings for at least another month. :)
3-6-10
16 years ago

6 comments:
Ah, Lindsey. You are such a talented woman. You're creative and sporty, maybe one of the best volleyball players I know. I understand how there is so much on the list to accomplish though. I have one of those as well. I guess we'll get to one project at a time.
Sounds like you're having a case of the 'yuckies' Having sick children and not feeling great yourself will do that to you. So let me take a minute to remind you about how wonderful you are. WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??? You're great at all those things on your list! I love the granny square blanket that you're crochetting. I want to make one too. You inspire me every time I read your blog, and I read it a lot.
I hope you believe me on this. We all think you're amazing already. And we're missing you and your craftiness. Wish you lived closer. Hang in there, but please get yourself out of this gloomy funk soon I can see what my second in line project is going to be this summer. no pressure :)
Whoa...you are being way too hard on yourself. One thing at a time! I hope you feel better soon. :)
Angela
Oh Lindsey, as difficult as it is to admit, I can identify very well with what you are saying. Nobody wants to be depressed, but sometimes it seems like mediochrity (I don't reall know how to spell that word) is the best we can do and THAT is very frustrating. It's so easy to be hard on ourselves because we expect so much more out of "us" than other people do. You are amazing, beautiful and more talented than I could ever hope to be. It may not mean much coming from me, but you are incredible and I hope you are blessed to get through this difficult time with the vision and perspective of your worth & talent. We all know how incredible and unique your talents are. Just so you know, you're not alone--I've been there more times than I can count and totally understand everything you said. However, until you are blessed with new perspective of your talents, rest assured we ALL LOVE YOU and APPRECIATE YOU AND YOUR AMAZINGNESS!
I am so sorry that you are down and out. You should know that you are my inspiration for so many things that I can't really list them all here so I am just going to call you and tell you. You are amazing and one of my best friends so cheer up. Things will be looking up very soon! Love ya!
I think we're our own best critic, or is it it worst critic? It really is overwhelming to want to do our best and feel frustrated when our desire doesn't meet up with our reality!! All I can say is: I understand. completely. But as much as I've gotten to know you in the past little while, I'm continually amazed at your abilities and talents. truly. and that bag of yarn in the next post, I'm so excited to see what you do with it!! have a fun trip!
Post a Comment