
After school one day we decided to go on another field trip. The Church owns a big pear farm here in Medford and they ask for the members to volunteer their time to help bring in the crop. So we decided that 2 hours of hard farming labor would be a good thing for the Wente clan. So off we went!

Kash had a great time, just grabbing pears right off the ground and going to town with those little teeth.




Vann got in on that action too when he decided that actually picking the pears wasn't as much fun as sitting in the shade and eating them.

I gave the kids control over the camera and I got some really interesting pictures. Tes took a lot of the horse that was in a field across from the orchard. Braydan had his finger tip in almost every picture he took. :)

Thats my boy...

Notice the pear that has a bite mark in it... yeah that would be Vann's doing. I hope it got pulled out.



Our little crazy monkey man.

Tessiesue.... looking for pears on the ground. If a pear dropped on the ground it had to be left there, it cant go into your bag or into the bucket. But... after you are done with your picking and have filled your bin, you can pick up as many of the pears that are on the ground and take them home. So we are swimming in pears now. Looking into some pear recipes... anyone have a good recipe?

Kash was ready to go...

Vann still eating. :)

Me... still collecting. :) Hey its free pears! Well technique not free, we did work for them but we could take as many as we wanted and there were a lot on the ground. :)

We only worked for about an hour and 15 minutes and we filled our bin. I now know why we are such a FAT nation... because people don't work like this anymore! I could totally consume 5000 calories everyday if I was working out in the back 40 all day long. Its hard work, and I like it, it was good for me and good for the kids. We need to find places to do this more often. Or maybe get our own back 40!

2 comments:
I LOVE THIS, good job Wente family. Your good parents and such good examples for your children. the world needs more families like yours. VICKI
VICKI ALBEE SORRY ABOUT THE ANONYMOUS...
Post a Comment