Thursday, October 14, 2010

We are home and....

We are now a family of six,
Kash Reed Wente
is now with us and he is perfect. He is so stinkin cute I could just sit and hold him and stare at him all day. He is my smallest munchkin so far. He arrived at 3pm on October 7th and weighed 7lbs and 7oz and was 20in long. (And since this blog is the closest thing I have to a journal... I will be including more of the birth story at the end of this post.)

1 minute old
Photobucket

1 day old
Photobucket

Photobucket

Home
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mom taking too many pictures... :)
Photobucket

Kash's Birth Story:
I had a planned induction with Kash. I was scheduled to be at the Hospital at 5am on October 7th. Marmie flew into town the night before so the kids were happy and well looked after. We showed up at the Hospital at 5am and we were shown right to our room and things got put into motion immediately. They started me on Pitocin and we started the wait. Pitocin doesn't ever do much for me, it starts contractions but I don't dilate very well. By around 11am I received my epidural, but I was only dilated to about a 4. (I was a 3 when I came in) So Dr. C broke my water. My contractions got stronger, but Kash was facing sideways and wasn't dropping down. So after a while we tried something different. Even though I couldn't feel a whole lot they helped me flip over onto my hands and knees. I stayed that way for about 20 minutes swaying my hips back and forth. Dr. C walked back in and helped me flip back over to my back and as soon as I was on my back, that first contraction I felt the pressure to push. So 20 minutes took me from a 4 to a 10. Dr. C and the our nurse Judi got everything ready and they were set to go with my second contraction.  I was able to push 1 push and Kash was out. Dr. C wasn't sure I even pushed or if he just slid right out. :) We found out why he had trouble dropping was because the cord was loosely wrapped around one arm, I guess flipping helped him get untangled. They put him on my stomach and he was so perfect, it was instant emotion looking at his little squished face. I couldn't stop the tears from falling, seeing your child for the first time after carrying them inside you for so long is an overwhelming feeling. Instant love. After they did all the normal baby stuff to them, cleaned him up, eye drops and such I got him back. His temperature was a little low so I put him skin to skin with me and tried to nurse. And he is definitely a Wente. The kid eats like a horse, he had no problems latching on at all. My Mom brought the kids to come see him a little later that day, which they all were so excited to meet and see him. After that Kash did perfect, and I worked on recovering. He is now 1 week old, my milk is in and he is getting bigger by the day and I am feeling better by the day. My mom has been so wonderful, completely taking over the cooking and cleaning and shopping for me, I dont know how anyone does this with out a mom like mine. I am so lucky. I love you Mom. Thanks Dad for making it possible for her to be here. :-) I hate that you are gone now, and the kids and I cried all the way home from the airport. (Except Braydan, he is to tough to cry)

7 comments:

Tami said...

He's so adorable! Can't wait to see him in person! So glad everything went well with the birth. That is so wonderful that your Mom could be there for you like that.

Jillian Sandler said...

What a handsome, amazing little man! Congrats and way to go!:)

Anonymous said...

congrats! yes mom's are wonderful to have after giving birth!! im glad you had your mama to help!

Janice said...

He's a very beautiful baby. Congratulations!! I am so proud of you and happy that you had such an amazing birth. It awesome to hear how you were able to do natural things to help Kash come into this world. You are amazing! Your description of your reaction when he was first laid in your arms was perfect. I've always felt that my childrens' births were the most spiritual moments of my life. I can't wait to see him in person. We love the WENTE FAMILY!!! WAHOOO!!

Becky said...

Congrats Sweetie!! He is adorable. You are so good about taking pictures. Good luck and try to get some rest!

Purcell's Party said...

Love him!!! Love you guys!!! So excited! He's adorable, handsome, and squishy (love the squishy ones)! So fun for your family and the new home. Glad the labor went well...by number 4 you hope they do, right?!? =)

holly b said...

yay! so sweet. I'm so happy everything went well. love the stats. 7lbs 7 oz on the 7th! looking forward to meeting him in person. : )