Signing the paper work:

here it is:
We unloaded our first trailer full and then we were off to the hardware store:



always have to keep goodies on me so that Vann the Man doesn't drive us insane. (Mom, send me some more of those See's suckers they are a life savor!)

Back to the house and starting on the work:


I spent my time in here the majority of the day cleaning everything inside and out... lots of Bleach and Windex and Magic Erasers... oh and making lunch.

Lunch break, picnic style:


And then more work.... Nathan got so much done this weekend and he worked so hard, He got almost all the holes in the house patched up, all the 1960's light fixtures taken down and 2 rooms have lost their popcorn ceiling. No ladders needed. :)
And lastly I threw this kid in my newly cleaned sink and he had a bath before we headed home. It was lights out for him before we even made it off of our street. Sweet boy.


We made it home and we were all completely beat. I think the kids were in bed at 8pm and Nathan and I were in bed by 9. :)
Sunday: repeat :)

5 comments:
Grrrr! You should have called us, we would be HAPPY to help, or at least give your kiddos a place to hang out for a while, if they are tired and need to decompress! I actually thought of stopping by, but didn't make it. Darn!
On a positive note...I am so excited! We are looking forward to getting to know you guys better! What are your plans this week? Let us know how we can help, of if you need dinner...we are more than happy to help!
OH, and I love the pic of Nathan scrapping the ceiling. W/O A LADDER! You gotta love our tall husbands!
So happy for you guys. I know that you have a lot of work ahead of you but, it must be so nice to have a house of your VERY OWN!!!!! Don't you love having a tall hubby? It makes projects like that a breeze.
Can I give you a couple of quick tips with the ceiling? Here is a lesson we learned. Scrub your ceilings really well before painting with the ceiling paint. All debris should be off to adhere and look nice. We had to back track and scrape and repeat because the paint wouldn't adhere to to the ceiling. It's a lot of work but, will save you time in the long run.
The drapery rods are nice. You should just spray paint them black or something. That saves so much $$$$.
Anyways, we are so excited for you. Hope all is going well. How can I reach you now? do you still have your cell? Let me know. good luck with everything.
Love the pics! Especially the one with Nathan scraping the ceiling! I am so happy for you guys! :)
so much fabulous potential!! Can't wait to see your magic touch on everything. That fireplace shot just cries out for it. And bulbs in the front yard... so exciting! I'm sad that we won't have you in town anymore but at least we can do some meet-ups and such. Hope to swing by on Sat after the RS activity.
Post a Comment