Thursday, April 15, 2010

A quick project.

So we are going to be spending quite a bit of time driving back and forth from Medford. And usually when we do, Vann the Man Sacks out in the car pretty fast. He has a nice car seat, but there is not much head/neck support and he ends up in the most uncomfortable looking positions. So I saw one of these neck pillows online and I decided that it was exactly what he needed. It was very easy and I think it turned out great. Here is online tutorial.
And here is how mine turned out.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And The Man was gracious enough to fall asleep on the way to pick up the kids from school.
Photobucket

It turned out great and seems to do the trick. (I love the alien flannel print...I got it from Joanns years ago and I am almost out. I haven't seen it there since. Isn't it so stinking cute. )

4 comments:

holly b said...

love it. I need to make one for Nea. And that IS dang cute fabric.

Tami said...

That's a great idea! The fabric is really cute! I was just at JoAnn's on Saturday and they had a few fabrics with the dots and different things/designs in the dots. The alien one looks really familiar. They had a lot of really cute boy prints!

Julia said...

I JUST made these for my girls for our weekend trip! We are soul sisters indeed!!!!! I remember when you bought that fabric. I haven't seen it either. Have you ever tried fabric.com ? They carry a TON of flannel. Your 1st purchase has free shipping. Anyways, love this little pillow. They work like a charm! How are things at the house coming?

Kelly@TearingUpHouses said...

So cute!!!

I always ALWAYS fall asleep in the car. Like, if I'm in it longer than ten minutes. No joke! I need one of these for myself!

Kelly