Friday, September 04, 2009

Running Update


Ok...so I just finished week 6 of the 9 week program. I went out and ran 2 miles today, and felt really good. I actually felt like I could keep going, but I didn't. Everything I have read has said just to follow the program, don't over do it, because that is how you end up with injuries. My race is on Saturday October 3rd, so I think that I should be good and ready by then. For me its the 1st half mile that is the hardest...but after that my body adjusts, and I find that I am truely starting to enjoy it. :) Hurray for me!!! I must say that I am really quite proud of myself. After the race I plan on continueing on and maybe even entering into a 10K. Props to my sister Kit who has now started the program as well ! Anyone else up for it??

2 comments:

Purcell's Party said...

Give me one more week of healing and I am in! Hurray for you!!

kentandnellie said...

Way to run! Running is the best exercise. It makes you feel good, inside and out. Good luck with your upcoming race!