Monday, March 02, 2009

San Francisco Part I

We got there late Sunday night, didn't go anywhere...just relaxed and got situated. There were 5 of us and a dog in a small room with 1 king size bed. Nathan and I got the bed, and the kids got the little cove/corner where the one chair was, Vann was in his port-a-crib next to me, and Moe was on his doggy bed in the other corner. We fit...but only barely. Nathan had the conference classes to go to, so except for lunch break and after 4 or 5, it was just me and the kids and Moe. I brought banana bread and snacks from home so we ate breakfast in our room every morning. And then headed out into the city.


The room. (We stayed at the Sheraton on the Wharf, and they had a very interesting color scheme going on)

Van exploring the bathroom of course. Across the street from our hotel.

One thing the kids and I loved to do was go exploring for a bit and then come back to our hotel and sit on the comfy couches in front of the fires. (They had 3-4 of these glass surrounded outside fire pits at the hotel)We told stories to each other and just had fun being with each other. (and usually a snack from where ever we explored. Vann has Braydan's chocolate and Carmel covered marshmallow. ) :) And Tes is sneaking a drink of my diet, the stinker. And of course Moe (he was so good for us, the whole time)
In-n-Out....yummy. Yes that is a hamburger and a milkshake he has got. :) And Braydan polished off a Double Double. I don't want to think about the grocery bills later on with these two.

Pier 39
The restaurant where we ate "Shark Bites" or Thresher shark nuggets. :) The kids thought that it was pretty cool. Its a fun place right on the pier.
The kids and I caught the trolley and and went sight seeing. Went all the way up market street,got out walked around, ate a pretzel and then rode back down to meet Dad for lunch. Cute Pictures of the Man and his experience with cotton candy. :) This kid pretty much lived in his stroller all week.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! Looks like you had fun! I love San Francisco. Ry and Ang used to live up in Oakland and I would visit all the time.

Janice said...

Looks like lots and lots of fun. I am a bit jealous. I WANT A VACATION!! I love San Francisco.

Paula said...

Cute pictures Lindsey!!
Looks like you guys had a lot of FUN!!! : )

holly b said...

great pictures, as always. : ) looks like a fabulous week away from it all, but I'm glad your back.

Nola said...

Looked so fun. I want to go now. Can't wait for Part II.

kentandnellie said...

Lindsey, you have the cutest kids! Looks like San Francisco was a great time.