Saturday, January 24, 2009

Where has all the snow gone?

Wow, I hadn't realized that it has been almost a week since I have posted. The reason for that is that we do all our fun family stuff on Saturday when Nathan is around. I have now come to hold Saturday as sacred, its our only opportunity to go out and be together. I remember my dear friend Jamie being that way, in fact I would try to not even call her on Saturdays. :) And now I totally feel the same way. Ok so on to the fun...
Today we decided that we better go sledding before all the snow is gone. It hasn't snowed around here since Christmas. So we packed the kids up and headed for Mt. Shasta. We found a great spot to sled at about 6000 feet, we had the place to ourselves. It was coming down pretty good when we first started but then mellowed out at the end. It is really beautiful up there. {for my favorite shot of the day see my 365 blog}

Munching some snow
Me and the Man. It was hard to keep him in his sling, he wanted to eat the snow bad. But after about 10 minutes of playing in the snow his face was bright red and he was so cold. so he just had to deal with being with Mom the rest of the time.

Action shots of Tes. Look closely and you can see that towards the end she cant even see, her hat is completely over her eyes. :) She kept right up with Braydan, with only a few warm up trips to the car with mom.

Braydan in action. These sequential shots were taken by Nathan. His facial expressions say it all, and this kid was fearless. He went down on his bum, stomach, back, on the board , off the board, head first, feet first, and bum first. ;)


Thought these trees were cool with their green moss and snow.

No comments: