Thursday, October 09, 2008

Yreka or Bust

So, we made it. After 2 days and 700 miles or so, we made it here. We were all pretty sick of being in the car and ready for a good nights sleep in our own beds. The kids did really well on the drive, even little Vann did well only getting fussy twice. So, here are some pictures of us on the road. The start of this new adventure in our lives.

Buckling up for the long drive. 1st half Bye Marmie 2nd half and Tes's turn in the truck.


My view from the car.`

Almost there!!

We are here! And about to unload the truck



The view of Mt. Shasta from our house.

10 comments:

O'Reilly #5 said...

I miss my Vann!! :(

Nola said...

You're too far away. Hope the moving in is going well. Miss you guys.

rach said...

I'm glad you made it safely. What a beautiful view. We miss you!

creative kate said...

i just stumbled across your blog. sounds like you guys are moving on from college life? i will need to read on. good for you chickie.

kate
(from the scrapyard)

Purcell's Party said...

When are you coming back? Sooon? K keeps asking for her Tesnbraydan. We miss you. I'm glad you have a good view of Mt. Shasta...don't you miss the 'ole Lake Arrowhead Mtn. view?? Whaaaaaa! =)

Julia said...

Glad you guys made it there safe and sound. Yeah way to make us all miss Vann! That is the sweetest picture ever. I am so happy that it is all working out. Our big day is on Tuesday. Wish us luck. Miss you guys already!!love ya

Becky said...

What a fun adventure! Hope things go well for you and enjoy your new house! It's adorable! Take care!

tara said...

Can you go gold mining in your town? Because if so I am totally coming to stay. I feel a lucky streak coming on.

Jackie B. said...

looks so beautiful! glad the kiddos did well on the drive.

Anonymous said...

Lindsey, What a surprise, It's sister Albee. Found you off of Nola's Blog. Your not going to believe this but Rick's Mom and Sister live in Yreka. What are you doing there? When I'm there I live at WallMart and PayLess Shoes. I try to pretend I'm at Victoria Gardens, but it doesn't work. I think Yreka is beautiful but it's so small. Be sure to go slow in town because the chops are always looking for someone to pull over, their real board. And be sure to keep up with your dental appointments you don't want tolook to much like a Yrekan, I'm joking. I need to read all of your bolg so I know what is going on. I can't beleive you are there. I'll talk later. We miss you at church. Love vicki