Thursday, September 04, 2008

A Real Job

Nathan went for 2 interviews about 2 weeks ago, for a law clerk job in Tehama county and for what we though was just a D.A. post pass bar interview in Siskiyou County. He was offered the job in Tehama right away and we thought that we might take it. But then he went to his next interview in Siskiyou County. They seemed to really like him, and when he explained to him his situation with Tehama they talked about trying to get him a law clerk position there as well but on a DA salary. Well, we just heard back last night that he got the Siskiyou job. Woo!!
It is going to be a hard next 3 months. Nathan will leave this Saturday for Yreka, he will find a 1 bedroom apartment and work for the county for the next 3 months, basically until he finds out about the bar. If he passes then they will promote him to a Deputy district attorney. That means that we would all be moving to the city of Mount Shasta, which is a neighboring city of Yreka (where the court house is). I will be staying here in southern Cal, so that the kids can finish school, soccer, and just in case things don't work out up there for whatever reason. So that is the big news, real life is starting for us which is very exciting. And we really think the area is beautiful, even though it is quite small I think we will fit. And Nathan and I both have felt right about the choice. Although I think the reality of being a single mom hasn't quite hit me yet. It will, I know, and I will be bald by the time Nathan sees me again. :)


City of Mount Shasta (downtown)
Mt. Shasta and Lake Siskiyou

2 comments:

Nat said...

Congrats! That is wonderful news. The pictures of the Town are beautiful. When steve is deployed for 7 mths at a time being a single mom is hard. But I just remember that Dad will come home soon. It also helps when you have family near by. Don't worry about the little stuff, that is what I learned. So what if my 3 yr son wore shorts and cowboy boots to church. We were there, that is what counts in my book. So the house was not as clean, the boys were feed and read to and we snuggled. You can do it!

Jackie B. said...

Congrats! That's awesome! Good Luck!