Saturday, August 18, 2007

1st Appointment

Well I had my first appointment and it went really well. After going through all my history and stuff they off course decided they needed to give me a glucose test (tests for gestational diabetes) after they find out I have 9lbs babies. With Tes they gave me 3 of those, don't have diabetes just big babies! So after all of that and a full physical. She said I was measuring bigger then I should and decided to do an ultrasound. I was measuring about 15-16 weeks i guess and i am only supposed to be 12 weeks. So off to the ultrasound room we go. This was the really neat part, I have had lots of ultrasounds but even though she told me this was an old machine I had never seen such a clear image. It is always cool the first time you see that little heart beating and body moving but this one was really cool. I see this little body and little head and then this little hand comes right up to the the mouth and right into the mouth. Then, totally clear the little jaw starts moving up and down, sucking the thumb. way cool. It was just so clear, clearer then any i have had before even the big hospital grade one. She did not even look for gender but said that this either a really big baby or I was farther along then I thought. So she recommended me to go get the official ultrasound in 2 weeks to get an official due date and maybe even a gender. I kept calling it he and when I came home Nathan said it was a boy. (he hasn't been wrong yet!) So we will see if our instincts are right in 2 weeks. The only sad apart about the appointment was that I went alone, Nathan had school and the kids stayed with my sister Kit. I didn't think that it would be so eventful, a 1st appointment is usually pretty boring. Who knew? But I am bringing the whole family to this next ultra sound appointment, hopefully. :)

3 comments:

Jackie B. said...

Cool!!!

Mary Beth said...

That's fun that you got a surprise ultrasound! And also that you're maybe further along than you thought. That was always my hope- that I'd go in thinking I was 10 weeks, and they'd tell me I was more like 14 weeks- shave 1 whole month of that pregnancy! Never happened though.

Hey, what's your email address? I have something to send you.

Mary Beth said...

Hey Lindsey, sorry to use your post for this message, but I wanted to let you know that we started a website to track down RHS '98 class members for a reunion next summer. The website is www.redlands1998.blogspot.com. You can register your email address on it. Also, do you keep in touch with anyone else from school? Pass the website on to them! Thanks!