Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Project House: Pantry

So we knocked out another project... One that had been bugging the crap out of me. 😝
The pantry really looked like someone had just thrown up some cheapo wire shelves and a few wood ones that maybe they had sitting around and then called it good. It drove me nuts... So here is what we did.

Before:

I had already started to empty it out when I remembered to take a picture so that is why the top shelves are already empty. But you get the picture.... scary. I was a big gaping hole in the wall with crapy shelves. I hated it. So, Nathan took all his measurements... I told him what I wanted it to look like and we headed to Lowes.
(We have a galley style kitchen... so getting a good angle can be a bit difficult.)








All emptied out:
I think at one time, they had a washer and dryer unit in here... all the  plug in's and water valves were a pain to deal with.



What my counters looked like through the weekend:

Beadboard is up as well as the start of my shelves!


We put some nice trimming along the outer edges of the shelves to give it a more finished look.



Done painting! I was going to be a little more adventure some with color... Something like this.I was going to add some wallpaper or something on the inside. But Beadboard was faster and less of a headache. So white it is... for now.


Now for the doors and black door pulls... with little helpers of course.



All Done!!



Woo!! No more coming through the front door and seeing everything that is in my pantry!


 Now to clear off my counters, reorganize and get it all in there...


It fits SO much more now. Things might even have a chance of remaining organized!  Nathan did an amazing job making sure it was what I wanted but at the same time strong and sturdy.


So here we go..  side by side



Hmm... what to do next.

1 comment:

holly b said...

That is FABULOUS! I love it all. What a good feeling it must give you every time you walk in the door now. I love the beadboard on the back, what a great touch. : )