Friday, December 11, 2009

Feels like Christmas

I got a good early start to Christmas this year. We had our tree and decorations up and out about 2 weeks before Thanksgiving. I had started on my gifts in October....so I feel fairly organized and have accomplished a vast majority of the things I wanted to get done. Ornaments for gift exchanges have been made and sent off.... or set aside until exchange time. Its been a good season so far, a lot of crafting and a lot of spoiling ourselves and to top it all off... today it snowed. Now I am not a huge fan of being out in the snow, or driving in the snow, or putting on and removing countless childrens snow clothes. But there is something very Christmasy about sitting by your tree, stitching away at homemade gifts, watching the snow come down.

Photobucket

1.My lovely nativity set that I absolutely love. 2.The spot were I sit and watch the snow and my tree and craft. 3. For wrapping paper this year, I went with almost all brown paper and red and white bakers twine. I really love the look, I think I might do this every year. 4. The end of my Susan Branch calendar. Loved it, love her.


Photobucket
1. Some Christmas pj's crafting, the kids will open these up and ware them on Christmas Eve. 2. Invites to a brunch/ornament exchange. 3. a sneak at some ornaments I made...not telling which group these are going to :) 4. I love Christmas time Magazines...they inspire me. I found the polka dot wrapping paper at Walmart and had to grab some. Love polka dots.

Hope you all are getting all your Christmas stuff done!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I wish you lived next door to me! I've bought a TON of stuff to make all of these cute things and it's all sitting in a pile just waiting to be done! I love seeing your crafts, it gives me inspiration!

Julia said...

I love your nativity! I love all of the pictures. I too wish you lived next door. I have really gotten crafty this year. I think it's because I finally don't have to work so I can do things I really want to do. Isn't it fun? You are amazing. I found a craft blog that is pretty cool. I will send you the link. Miss you guys so stinking much!

holly b said...

I love the brown paper packages tied up with strings! I think I'll copy you and do that next year. I spend way too much time deciding on what kind of paper for which gifts. I'm also a big fan of fabric wrapped gifts, the furoshiki method is fun too. I like to buy fabric on clearance after Christmas for next year.