I went through the whole day today not even thinking about those fatal attacks 8 years ago. I feel horribly guilty about that. Nathan came home and decided that we should watch a small video explaining what happened that day. We let Tes and Braydan watch and we explained it to them. I truly feel that most people have forgotten those attacks, we have fallen back into complacency, which I am sure is exactly what the terrorists want. I can still remember that day, waking up huge and pregnant with Braydan, to the horrible news. To the realization of how this terrorist act had changed everything, about how many people had died or had their lives changed for ever. Just watching the video that we did today brought back those feelings that I remember feeling that morning. Awe, disbelief, and the feeling like my stomach was in my throat.
I dressed my kids patriotically today, we will remember. I will not complain about long lines at the airport, or that someone might be listening to my phone calls or that my bag gets completely emptied out at Disneyland. I will hope that we are taking the steps to prevent another tragedy, that we are protecting our borders and weeding out those responsible for the horrors of that day. God bless America and God bless our troops who everyday protect the freedom that we enjoy and take for granted in our country. They are out, now fighting for the freedom of others as well.



1 comment:
The real point of terrorism is not the act itself, but our reaction to the act.
And we're doing exactly what the terrorists want.
What the terrorists want is for you to be afraid. What the terrorists want is for you to be looking over your shoulder for spooks that don't exist.
Refuse to be terrorized http://www.schneier.com/essay-124.html.
Post a Comment