These were 3 of last weeks finds. Braydan and Tes actually used their allowance money to buy their things. Braydan has been non stop on this scooter he found at a garage sale, he thinks that he is pretty cool.

Tes found these beads at the yearly Yreka antique flea market. I wish they fit me, I love them. she also found an American Girl Bitty Baby at a garage sale for 1$ almost perfect. Nice finds for Tes. :)

And this is my find... of the season, I think. I just look at this quilt and it makes me happy. It was at the flea market and was marked as a cutter quilt. I don't think that I could ever cut it up I just needs a little mending on one side, and a few thread bare spots and it is perefct. It is so bright and cheerful...I love it. And just for FYI as I walked around the rest of the market I ran into an appraiser who saw the quilt tucked under my arm. She asked to see it and to make a long story short....she said it dates back to about 1915, hand quilted and worth between 50-75$. Score. I got it for 10.


4 comments:
Those are some really good finds. Garage sales are so fun. Happy Hunting :)
That quilt is awesome-- what a find!
Hi Lindsey it's me Vicki Albee. Was that antique market going on when we were up there? I did see an auction place by the freeway one day but it just looked like big stuff truck ect. Wow good job on finding that quilt. How fun. It was fun seeing you and the kids I did not want to leave you there I think the Mom thing was kicking in. I like checking your blog your a wounderful and talented girl. Gee I wonder where you get that from. You have a great Mom. Love ya Vicki :)
Garage sales are the coolest!!
Loved the quilt! That was an awesome story! : )
Post a Comment