Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas

I was horrible and hardly took any pictures this Christmas. I was a little sick and just really rapped up in the whole Christmas thing this year, being that it is the 1st year that we have ever been home and on our own for Christmas. We had a lot of fun. Here is the run down.
Christmas Eve:
Slept in (as much as possible with 3 young munchkins)
Eggnog french toast
Playing in the snow
Cutting, cooking and decorating Sugar cookies. (these came out really interesting with Braydan and Tes completely in charge of these.)
Caroling to 2 retirement communities (this was a really neat experience, most of the people in these homes are suffering with some type of Alzheimer's or memory disorder. And they were so enamored with the kids. And the kids were so sweet to them, smiling and even letting one lady in particular give them hugs. )
Home for seafood Bisque and
The Christmas story
Bedtime. (the kids were out pretty fast, i was surprised)
Christmas :
The kids were so excited, we all came out together and the kids headed straight to the cookies. Of course Santa had eaten them. :) And then straight for stockings and presents. We had so much fun watching the kids discover and be so excited. I even got a big surprise from Santa. I got a brand new Kitchen table. It is so beautiful and I had no clue it just appeared there Christmas morning. That Santa can be tricky. We just hung out the rest of the day trying out all our presents and being lazy. It was wonderful. Hope you all had a Merry Christmas. And we would like to say Thank You to all our family and Friends who sent us cards and gifts. We love and miss you all!!

The kids getting into their stockings: Me finding my big surprise: Which was this...isnt it beautiful: it expands and fits eight. So nice I love it A small piece of the aftermath: The kids having fun with one of their new Wii games: And one of the Man with his favorite thing...a sock
Braydan's favorite presents: Lego Star Wars for the Wii, snow sled, yoyo
Tes's : Horse, Bed stuff, bubblegum
Vann's: Anything that is good to chew on
Nathan: Mario super sluggers for the Wii, karaoke
Lindsey: Kitchen table, cookbook and ornaments

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like you guys had a great day.
we also had lots of fun. I love your new table, way to go santa...
could you please post more pictures of you house it looks so cute .i would love to see all you have done.
love ya,
jamie
I will update my blog soon, for now all my password are stuck on my old hard drives. boo hoo

holly b said...

yay for the new table! I'm still resurfacing but wanted to poke in and see how your Christmas was. I'm sorting through photos to post, always the step that slows me down. c-ya!